Meet our 2018 candidates for Fair Haven Borough Council: Evan Hughes, Carolyn Williams and Cameron Spector
How can you help the 2018 election? If you're interested in hosting a meet and greet and for our candidates, or helping canvass, please email email@example.com. Thank you!
FAIR HAVEN DEMOCRATS ANNOUNCE THREE CANDIDATES FOR FAIR HAVEN BOROUGH COUNCIL
CAROLYN WILLIAMS, EVAN HUGHES AND CAMERON SPECTOR BRING NEW IDEAS AND FRESH PERSPECTIVES
Fair Haven, NJ – June 10, 2018 – Today Carolyn Williams, Evan Hughes and Cameron Spector formerly announced their candidacy for Fair Haven Borough Council. Each of these candidates has a long history in Fair Haven and is uniquely committed to serving our community.
“We are excited to announce the candidacy of these three dedicated members of our community,” said Christopher Rodriguez, Fair Haven Borough Council Member. “Carolyn, Evan and Cameron each have unique ties to Fair Haven – two of them being born here – and are committed to upholding so many of the long-standing traditions that make our community great. At the same time, their new perspectives and commitment to transparency will bring new ideas to the table to enhance our environment, infrastructure and way of life.”
- “I am proud to say that I’m running for borough council of Fair Haven. I was born and raised here, and today live in the same house my parents did. I hope to bring the experience I’ve had serving other towns to Fair Haven, where I intend to help our borough remain affordable and comfortable for seniors and others. Each year Fair Haven welcomes new, young families who bring life and energy to our town, but at the same time, we cannot forget to carve out spaces and services for our older residents who hope to remain in their homes long past retirement."
- Carolyn was born in Fair Haven and graduated from Rumson Fair Haven Regional High School. She raised her own children in Matawan, where she served as a two-term school board representative and one-term school board president. She has a long career in business and non-profit administration, and has always worked in a collaborative environment. Carolyn has returned to her home in Fair Haven, where she lives her husband George, their son George (Zeb), and Carolyn’s sister. Carolyn also has a daughter, Esna, who lives in Bud Lake, NJ, with her family. Carolyn serves as a local referee in girls’ lacrosse and field hockey, as well as co-ed basketball as a member of NJSIAA. She hopes to work towards a transparent government that helps seniors remain in their homes and part of the thriving multi-generational, diverse community that contributes to what makes Fair Haven special to its old residents and new alike.
- “I am lucky to have had the unique experience of interacting with an incredibly large cross section of our town. Having lived here in Fair Haven for five years, and having grown up just next door in Little Silver, I deeply understand the appeal of the Two RIver area for young families looking for a place to call home. I plan to work to continue the traditions and programs our council has created while looking for new ways we can further our town and residents’ commitment to the environment, which is a particular interest of mine.”
- Evan has lived in Fair Haven five years and teaches at Fair Haven Martial Arts. He regularly gives demonstrations on self defense for local schools and donates time to the local Boy Scouts, in addition to running women’s self defense classes to raise money for 180 Turning Lives Around. Evan is eager to continue his involvement and look for ways to expand his service to the town.
- “I’ve lived in Fair Haven my entire life and I have seen first hand what Fair Haven has to offer and what it can do to aid those that know what they want to do in life. After going through the school system and making countless films around town, I feel I have a debt to pay to this town for helping me achieve my goals and I can’t think of a better way to give back to this community than to run for local office and speak for the next generation by bringing a new perspective to the town council. I hope to help Fair Haven continue to thrive as an amazing destination for families, while working to take a close look at spending to ensure that our town continues to be affordable for all. Additionally, I would like to make sure that the plans recently put in place not only are completed in a timely and fiscally responsible manner, but are completed in the way that Fair Haven residents will be proud of their new buildings.”
- Cameron will graduate from Rumson Fair Haven Regional High School in June 2018. He belongs to the Thespian society, the German Honors Society, Chinese National Honors Society, National Honors Society, and the Fair Haven Democrats. His true passion is film, which he hopes to eventually pursue as a career. He currently runs the production company Cap Gun Productions, is in charge of consumer projects Custom Video Productions, and has lead Tower Players, film club, and the broadcasting team at Rumson- Fair Haven Regional High School. Cameron has volunteered with Lunch Break, Relay for Life and Covenant House. He received the Presidential Gold award, AATG gold award, and has been honored to be part of the official selections from both the Garden State Film Festival and the Hang Onto your Shorts Film Festival.
Most importantly Fair Haven residents, don’t forget to vote!
About the Fair Haven Democratic Municipal Committee
The Fair Haven Democratic Municipal Committee (Fair Haven Dems) promotes the Democratic Party in Fair Haven, NJ. The Committee encourages the selection of Democratic candidates for office that uphold the principles of transparency, high ethical standards, and good government. Committee members and officers advocate the principles of the Democratic Party and are committed to making Fair Haven the best place to live, work and raise a family. This includes mobilizing Democrats to vote at a grassroots, state, and national level. You can learn more about the Fair Haven Dems atwww.fhdems.orgemail us at firstname.lastname@example.org on Facebook @fairhavendems.