The FHDMC and the Club believe that (i) fostering community in Fair Haven; (ii) ensuring the safety and well-being on our community and (iii) building a stronger more inclusive Democratic Party requires that no one is excluded or harassed regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion.
- These requirements apply to:
- any member of the FHDMC;
- any member of the Club
- any attendee, participant, vendor or guest at any event sponsored, or organized by or under the auspices of either the FHDMC or the Club.
- Definition of Harassment
- Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal, written and/or any other type of communication of comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion;
- Sexual images in public spaces;
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following;
- Harassing photography or recording;
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events;
- Inappropriate physical contact;
- Unwelcome sexual attention; or
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Any person asked to stop any harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately;
- If a person engages in harassing behavior, the FHDMC Executive Committee retains the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the FHDMC (including the Executive Committee and any sub-committees, the Club).
iii. With regards to any event sponsored or organized by or under the auspices of either the FHDMC or the Club, the FHDMC Executive Committee may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
- Any incident that makes a person uncomfortable should be reported as soon as possible to one or more members of the FHDMC Executive Committee.
- The report may be made either personally or anonymously.